Medical Health Massage
- Stress reduction
- Decrease anxiety
- Decrease muscle tension and soreness
- Relieve low back pain and discomfort
- Decrease insomnia
- Ease the symptoms of digestive disorders
- Enhance exercise performance
- Relieve signs of depression
- Reduce Fibromyalgia pain and flare-ups
- Reduce the migraine pain and frequency
- Reduce pain of osteoarthritis
- Decrease stress in cancer patients
- Increase circulation and decrease blood pressure
- Decrease rheumatoid arthritis pain
- Temper effects of dementia
- Decrease down time after injuries
- Decreases scar tissue after surgeries
- Decrease symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Help chronic neck pain
- Lower joint replacement pain
- Increase range of motion
- Help reduce TMJ pain and dysfunction
- Improve quality of life in hospice care
Medical Massage Therapy
Medical Massage is to help facilitate a healing pattern in the body when there is pain attributed to acute or chronic injury. These treatments are tailored to each patients needs and goals for their body's health.
- Your sessions can last from 15 minutes to 90 minutes.
- There could be deep or light touch.
- You may be siting in a chair or on a table.
- You may be full clothed or chose to remove an article of clothing.
- Sessions are tailored for your specific need.
What to expect your first treatment:
- You will be greeted at the office and given a comprehensive health questionnaire. It is important that you finish the packet so please come at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- You will need to meet with the therapist and doctor to talk about your goals for treatment. At that time you will be evaluated by the information you provided and our clinical findings.
- You will then proceed to have your first treatment session. There will be several times when your therapist will stop and recheck some of your problem areas. This is to make sure you are feeling the best you can during your session. Since this is a Medical session there may be discomfort but only in your pain threshold.
- When the session is done your feedback is crucial to proceeding through the process of healing. We need to know with full honesty about your experience because it is key in how we proceed with treatment.
- At the end of your session you may need some secondary treatment such as; ice, heat stimulation or ultrasound.
- Stretches are recommended to help further facilitate the healing process.
- A couple of days after your session we will call to note any changes that may have occurred as a result of treatment.